I’m interested in Applying for the Teaching With Sakai Innovation Award (TWSIA), where do I start?
To apply for the award, you should fill out the form for the final submission process
Final Submission (required of all applicants)
Open Date: March 1, 2013 Closing Deadline: April 5, 2013
Each applicant will submit an in-depth description of the innovative teaching method, practice or strategy submitted and how it addresses the award criteria.
About the Abstract Submission
For those who submitted an abstract during the first phase of the application process, you can expect to receive feedback from the TWSIA committee by March 8, 2013.
Please note: The abstract submission was NOT a required step. It was designed for potential applicants to receive feedback from the TWSIA committee. They could then incorporate suggestions from the feedback to make their final submission more competitive.
To get ready for the final submission, you can do the following:
- Read the Teaching With Sakai Innovation Award Rubric.
- Your course will be evaluated against this rubric. A close reading will allow you to determine how your course compares to the standards defined in the rubric.
- Read the definition of Innovation used by the committee which will also be used to evaluate your course.
- Review the five Award Categories to determine in which category to enter your course.
- If you have questions, review the TWSIA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- If you still have questions, Contact Us.
The online application will be made available on this web site. You might want to bookmark the site in your browser now.