About the Teaching With Sakai Innovation Award
The Apereo Foundation is pleased to announce the winners of the Teaching With Sakai Innovation Award (TWSIA) for 2013. They are:
1. Introduction to Communication Science from the University of Amsterdam (Fully online course) Arie Den Boon (Visiting Professor, Communication Science) Category: Higher Education: Fully Online and Hybrid Courses
2. Advanced Research Design from the University of Cape Town(Hybrid course) Cheryl Brown and Cheryl Hodgkinson-Williams (Lecturers, Centre for Educational Technology) Category: Higher Education: Fully Online and Hybrid Courses
3. Project Software Engineering, BSc Computer Science from the University of Amsterdam (Other Uses of Sakai) Alan Berg (Educational Consultant, Center of Information Technology), Tim Bloeme, Hans Dekkers. Category: Project Sites and Other Uses of Sakai
Each of the winners will be recognized for their use of Sakai for teaching and learning at the Apereo (formerly Jasig-Sakai) Conference, June 3-6, 2013 in San Diego, CA. Details of their winning projects will be shared at the conference.
Entries were received from schools and universities in the U.S. and from South Africa, the Netherlands, India, and England.
The Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award (TWSIA) is a project of the Sakai Teaching and Learning Community. This is the 6th year of the competition.
We thank our sponsor Asahi Net for their support of the Teaching With Sakai Innovation Award.
The major goals of the award are:
- To promote excellent pedagogy and innovation in teaching and learning
- To create a community of educators who want to share teaching and learning practices
- To encourage greater faculty involvement in the Sakai community
Award entries are evaluated against rubrics and the definition of innovation. Information on previous winners is also available on this site. Click on the year you wish to review in the left navigation bar.
Entries are accepted in the following five categories:
- Higher Education: Face-to-Face
- Higher Education: Fully Online or Hybrid Course
- Primary & Secondary Education (K-12)
- Project Sites & Other Uses of Sakai
TWSIA 2013 Committee Chair: Salwa Khan firstname.lastname@example.org